Just another Wednesday at the Willis’s

Some of you might be aware that we’ve experienced a few complications throughout Liz’s pregnancy. None of them have been very serious and we praise the Lord for that.

Last Tuesday, while I was at work, I received a frantic phone call from Liz. She was telling me that she was having severe pains that the internet described as contractions. “That’s insane” I was thinking… “isn’t it?” I told her to call the Dr. and see what they suggested. They had her come into the office where they gave her some sort of test that confirmed that she was indeed experiencing labor contractions. They sent her home and told her to stay off of her feet and to call if the contractions continued the next day. I left work early that day and by the time I got home she was having 2-3 minute contractions every 15-20 minutes. We went to bed around 11 that night and the contractions continued through the night. The last contraction that woke her up did so at around 3 AM on Wednesday morning.

My mom stayed with her on Wednesday to help with the dogs and things around the house as she rested. The contractions had abated and by Saturday she decided it was time to get out of the house. We went to Hobby Lobby to purchase some fabric. We were there for about 20 minutes, got in line to pay for our purchase and the contractions started again. I had her sit on a bench until I had paid for the fabric then went home. If she stayed off of her feet she was fine. If she stood up for too long they would start back up.

We are fortunate that her OB/GYN attends church with us. He had heard about her contractions and sought her out Sunday morning. He told her to rest and that she wasn’t allowed to do anything too strenuous. She has heeded the doctor’s advice and has stayed off of her feet for the week. She is slowly working up her activity levels in hopes she won’t have to be on bed rest for the rest of her pregnancy.

All in all, we are very fortunate that the contractions went away and all parties are healthy. Our hope is that Charlotte will continue to cook a little longer so we can get the nursery completed and so I can wrap up some big projects at work. God has continued to pour his grace over us and we know that Charlotte will show up right on schedule; even if she does take the A train.

Explore posts in the same categories: Blog

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: